vrijdag 11 oktober 2013

Mosh Awa - an Afghan soup

Where to start? Maybe with the first nation in this list, Afghanistan. I found a recipe for a bean soup on www.aayisrecipes.com.


So, yeah, you all have to cope with my left-handedness, the fact that I'm not a native speaker (the vocabulary for cooking methods and utensils varies quite a bit between Dutch and English) and my liberal use of measures (everything is 'to taste' to my mind).

I'd say this soup has two major constituents: the beans and the paste of tomatoes, onions, garlic, herbs, and spices. I fried that set of ingredients for two hours - the paste it turned into after that time already was quite yummy. The ingredients for that paste can be further split into the root/bulby things, the spices and the fresh fruit/leaflike bits. Interesting was the fact that the tomatoes go into this sorta 'bumbu'-like paste early on rather than being added later (which is something I've done in a lot of other recipes). Low attachment of tomatoes, eh? We obviously have to await further soup sampling before we can make bolder claims about Afghan Tomato-attachment.

An optional element, the adjunct of the soup, would be to add some yoghurt when you serve it.

And for today's background music while cooking:

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten